Hey friends! Are you looking to start or grow your online business on Shopee, Lazada or other marketplaces? That's awesome!
One of the most important things you need to succeed is to build a loyal base of happy customers who come back again and again. But how do you do that?
Don't worry! In this beginner's guide, I'll explain 5 powerful ways to attract and keep customers for your ecommerce store.
Let's get started...
1. Delight Customers with Great Products
The first step is simple - sell stuff people want to buy! Take time to find winning products that solve needs or pain points for your target audience.
For example, if you sell kitchenware, research the latest gadgets and tools home cooks are raving about. Find cool products not easily available locally. Import quality products that impress your customers.
Happy customers who get awesome value become loyal fans of your store!
2. Provide Fast and Reliable Shipping
We all love quick deliveries, right? Your customers will stick with you if you ship products fast and reliably.
- Partner with trustworthy logistics companies like J&T, Ninja Van, etc for speedy product delivery.
- Set reasonable delivery timelines (3-5 days for major cities).
- Send shipping confirmations and tracking info to buyers.
- Refund or replace products not delivered on time.
Fast and consistent shipping helps you delight and retain customers.
3. Focus on Providing Amazing Customer Service
Customer service can make or break your ecommerce store. Going the extra mile to help buyers goes a long way in earning loyalty.
Here are some tips:
- Respond quickly to queries on live chat or messaging apps.
- Have a dedicated customer service team to handle issues fast.
- Be friendly and patient. Don't get rude even with frustrated buyers.
- Follow up after delivery to check on the buyer's experience.
- Offer easy returns or exchanges for problematic purchases.
Customers will remember how you made them feel and come back for more great service.
4. Interact with Customers on Social Media
Running social media accounts on Instagram or Facebook is a great way to engage buyers beyond just transactions.
- Share behind-the-scenes content - photos of new inventory, your store team, etc.
- Run contests and giveaways for more likes and follows.
- Publish short educational or entertaining videos.
- Highlight user-generated content like reviews or unboxings.
- Reply to comments and DMs promptly.
Izing your brand and interacting 1-on-1 earns you a social media fanbase. Convert them into loyal customers with special discounts or early access to sales.
5. Launch a Customer Loyalty Program
Loyalty programs reward repeated purchases with points, discounts or freebies. This incentivizes customers to stick with you versus competitors.
Some popular loyalty program ideas include:
- Points or stamps for every purchase leading to bigger rewards.
- Tiered programs - more perks for high spend customers.
- Referral programs - rewards for sharing your store with friends.
- Gamification with badges, levels or challenges.
- VIP access to special sales or new arrivals.
A well-designed loyalty program keeps buyers engaged and parts of your community.
Building a loyal base of repeat customers is key to ecommerce success. Focus on delighting buyers with great products, fast shipping, amazing service, social media engagement and loyalty programs.
Treating your customers well inspires brand love and word-of-mouth advocacy. This leads to sustainable long term growth for your online business.
Take the first step today. Surprise and wow your next customer!
Call to Action
For hands-on help setting up and managing your Shopee or Lazada store, check out Lameco's end-to-end ecommerce solutions at HERE. Our experts will partner with you to build a successful online business from the ground up. Get in touch today!